Last updated: February 2014
Information Collection and Dissemination
- In general, you may visit this Digital Offering or use the Service without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
- As you browse our Digital Offering, the Digital Offering collects log file, IP address of your computer, and other standard tracking data we use to evaluate Digital Offering traffic and usage patterns. Such information is aggregated with tracking data from all Digital Offering visitors. We will use the information to personalize the Digital Offering according to your preferences based on the aggregated information. We also use the aggregated information to evaluate products and services we may offer to you.
- Some portions of this Digital Offering may require you to give us personally identifiable information such as your name, age, gender, e-mail address, contact numbers (Personal Information) and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information (Financial Information), for, without limitation, (i) registration on the Site to avail specific offers, discounted services or newsletters; and (ii) subscription to CME resources in the form of training material including, but not limited to proprietary videos, slide shares, simulations and documents. If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communications may be collected as Personal Information.
- If you elect to provide us Personal Information, we use it primarily to deliver the service you requested. Other uses of Personal Information are described elsewhere in this Policy.
- If you submit Financial Information, we use that information primarily to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, registrations etc.
- NATIONWIDE uses a third party to process credit card transactions and does not store financial information, such as credit card information on its website. We may retain the last four digits of the credit card number solely for customer service purposes.
- Unless you opt-out, we share your Personal Information with NATIONWIDE’s affiliates and partners and third parties licensed to access your Personal Information by any of the foregoing. To opt-out, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Several companies unaffiliated with NATIONWIDE provide email deployment services for our email messages. The personally identifiable information, such as e-mail address, we provide to these vendors for the purposes of e-mail deployment is only used by them for that purpose and not for any other business activity.
- NationWide may disclose personal information to any person performing audit, legal, operational, or other services for us. We will use Information which does not identify the individual for these activities whenever feasible.
- We may disclose personal information when required to do so by a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. We may disclose personal information as we deem it appropriate to protect the safety of an individual or for an investigation related to public safety or to report an activity that appears to be in violation of law. We may disclose personal information to protect the security and reliability of this service and to take precautions against liability.
- We are not in favour of spamming and have strict internal protocols to take care of this. In this regard, we may also provide lists of subscribers/customers who have opted-out of email promotion for NATIONWIDE’s products to other companies, so they can be suppressed from mailings those companies send on NATIONWIDE’s behalf. In addition, if you unsubscribe from a mailing we send to our own list on behalf of a third party, your removal instruction may also be supplied to the third party and added to their own suppression file. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at email@example.com.
We sometimes provide aggregated usage or tracking information collected from this Digital Offering to third parties.
Information on Children
NATIONWIDE does not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 18. On-line registration and Digital Offering usage is restricted to adults who are healthcare professionals.
Updating Visitor Information:
You have the option of accessing, correcting, updating and modifying your Personal and/or Financial Information, or visitor profile, at any time and as often as desired. If you desire to delete your Personal and/or Financial Information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party and Affiliated Links
Our Digital Offerings may contain external links to other Digital Offerings including suppliers, partners and affiliates. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the content of, or information gathered by, these other Digital Offerings. We do not endorse any of these Digital Offerings or the products or services associated with such Digital Offerings merely because they are linked to our Digital Offering.
NATIONWIDE uses all features of Google Analytics for tracking visitor preferences for our Digital Offerings and types of services. Google Analytics does not store any visitor specific data and we will not use visitor specific data in any way related to Google Analytics. Currently, NATIONWIDE does not use Google Display Advertising, Google Adwords, or Remarketing. However, if at any time in the future NATIONWIDE uses any of these services from Google, then the appropriate policy regarding the use of these services will be updated here.
NATIONWIDE CMEs, Seminars, Events, Sites and Other Publications and Services
As a NATIONWIDE customer you can also expect to receive relevant email and postal offers for NATIONWIDE publications, CMEs, seminars, events, Digital Offerings and other services. From time to time we are also able to secure and offer to our customers, specially-negotiated discounts and new products from other leading companies. If you would prefer not to receive such mailings in the future, you can change your preference by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the e-mailers sent to you at any point of time, or by writing to us at email@example.com, with a request to take you off our mailing list.
Refer a Friend
If you choose to use our referral service to inform a friend about our Digital Offering, products, or services, or provide information about a job position advertised on our Site, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will send your friend a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the Digital Offering or the Job Description page on the Site. We may store this information for the purpose of sending this one-time e-mail and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend (s) may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have their information removed from our database.
A "cookie" is a bit of data sent by a Web site through the browser to the computer of the user visiting the site, and enables the site to return the results the browser expects. NATIONWIDE may use temporary, session-specific cookies to ensure visits to its Web site are smooth and customized for the visitor. Such cookies allow us to provide a visitor's browser with information tailored to the visitor's preferences and needs. NATIONWIDE may also use permanent or persistent cookies that remain on a visitor's computer after the visitor leaves a NATIONWIDE Web site.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in the browser's settings. However, disabling the cookie support function of the browser will prevent our Web site from functioning properly and you may not be able to utilize fully all of the site's features and information.
Visitors to this Digital Offering can decide if they want to receive promotional information from NATIONWIDE. On the visitor registration pages, prospective visitors can choose to browse the Site without registering themselves or sharing their e-mail details. Should visitors decide to register themselves, they will be accepting promotional e-mail from NATIONWIDE. Any e-mail they receive will include instructions on how to be removed from NATIONWIDE’s promotional e-mail list. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at email@example.com.
Security and Encryption
This Digital Offering takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. When appropriate, we use SSL encryption technology on our Digital Offering and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, data you submit to our Digital Offering such as credit card and payment information is transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
This Digital Offering also uses password encryption to ensure your privacy when registering for CME subscriptions, events, and other NATIONWIDE-related media.
Despite our use of commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorised access or disclosure, the Internet is not an inherently secure environment and so we cannot guarantee the security of your information. We assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
Notification of Changes
Your Acceptance of these Terms
Questions and Complaints